Who We Serve: Through the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Engineering and Support Services (MiDAESS) contract, Quantech provides support to the MDA Logistics Support Directorate. The mission of MDA’s logistics management function is to develop, execute and assess life cycle Ballistic Missile Defense (BMDS) logistics operations policies, planning, analysis and assessments. Quantech currently supports the following programs: Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), Targets and Countermeasures (TC), Space Tracking and Surveillance System (STSS), Sensors (SN) and the Central Property Office (CPO).
What We Do: Quantech develops, implements, maintains and assesses logistics processes, procedures, plans and policies to support and sustain the BMDS throughout the acquisition life cycle as well as support Performance Based Logistics (PBL) and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) management. We develop, manage and execute the MDA transportation programs and provide centralized and contractual accountability of all Government Furnished Equipment, Property, Material and Information (GFE/P/M/I) and Contractor Acquired Property (CAP) for all BMDA programs to include geographically dispersed sites. We define, validate, collect and analyze reliability and availability metrics data, including operational and strategic logistics policies and assessments of the BMDS.
The Results: Listed below are examples of our logistics team accomplishments:
- Worked with Lockheed and Government production control personnel to identify the necessary components required for SINCGAR installation in the THAAD Launcher and provided associated Technical Manuals.
- Reviewed proposed Launcher procedures that included the reliability confidence test and made recommendations on which steps could be omitted, while still meeting the circumstances of the test environment that resulted in a positive gain for time efficiency.
- Monitored actual hardware and equipment retrograde activities at range site to support an assessment of prime contractor performance.
- Provided recommendaitions to an interagency tasking from Defense Technology Security Administration (DTSA) for the draft Category IV Missiles descriptions and associated equipment list.
- Produced an Analyst Site Visit Training Agenda to assist technical development of future Readiness Analysts by providing key system familiarity in conjunction with scheduled system outages and operational reporting processes.
- Reviewed and revised Yuma Proving Grounds Statement of Work for the extended long range air launch target.
- Briefed support/operational requirement data for FTT-13 in a meeting with the Joint Command Operation at Hickam AFB/ Pearl Harbor Naval Facility.
- Coordinated and prepared approval for the Prime Contractor to procure refurbished analyzers as replacements for failed obsolete units in order to maintain the operational availability of the Payload Avionic Module integration line.
- Prepared the MDA Transportation Strategy defining the methodologies to be used in developing plans for the movement of MDA hardware assets worldwide.
- Provided on-site and ground support at Travis AFB for mission essential personnel on the C-17 and coordinated with Travis logistics personnel to maintain the conditioning of the missile on the C-17.